Making the Most of Your Relationships w/Juan Vargas
Real estate is a people’s business, so to be successful in the industry, investors must make the most of the connections they build with others. Why is it necessary to network with potential lenders – and are there any advantages to teaming up with other investors?
In this episode, Managing Principal at GenWealth Capital Group and host of the Commit to Wealth podcast, Juan Vargas discusses how to make the most of relationships in real estate.
A lot of people get into this business trying to do everything themselves, but the best practice is leveraging other people immediately. – Gary Boomershine
Watch the Full Episode Here:
3 Things We Learned From Juan Vargas
- Don’t go it alone. As business leaders we should be leveraging the skills of others, instead of trying to do everything ourselves. We have to have teams in place if we want to see results.
- When raising money, it’s important to network effectively. Don’t be afraid to talk to other industry professionals, join masterminds and meet new individuals. The only way to raise money is by actively engaging with potential lenders.
- Team up with other investors, and be willing to take a smaller percentage of the financial rewards. A smaller percentage over a longer period is a great incentive.
At the start of this episode, we discussed that real estate investing is a great source of passive income, as long as investors had the right teams in place. We then spoke about how to build a bigger presence in the investing space, and emphasized that investors should never ask for money.
We also discussed:
- How being passionate about what we do helps raise money without asking for it
- The importance of having some money of our own to invest with
- How to team up with other investors
Juan Vargas is a multifamily investor and syndicator, and the Managing Principal at GenWealth Capital Group. He is also the host of the Commit to Wealth podcast. Juan first entered the investing space when he was looking for a way to spend more time with his sons, and today he is passionate about the opportunities real estate investing offers to those looking for a passive income.
To find out more about Juan, visit
You can also find him on Instagram: @thejuanvargas
And email him on email@example.com
Other resources mentioned on this episode:
Cashflow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki
Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…and Others Don’t by James C. Collins
Ready to discover the power of a 40 person marketing & sales team…WITHOUT having to hire a single person? To learn more, hear what members are saying, and see if you’re qualified, visit REIvault.com.