AJ Osborne on How to Create Passive Income with Self Storage
Self storage is known for being a great way to generate passive income, but is it really as passive as we’ve been led to believe? Can we rely on it as our sole source of income? Where should we be establishing self-storage units?
In this episode, founding member of Bitterroot Holdings and host of the Cashflow 2 Freedom and Self Storage Income podcasts, AJ Osborne shares how to create passive income with self storage.
Don’t touch markets where people are moving out. Look for high occupancy markets. -AJ Osborne
Watch the Full Episode Here:
3 Things We Learned From AJ Osborne
- Use self-storage to generate passive income- but be mindful that there are a lot of exaggerations about how easy they are to operate.
- Maintain multiple income streams. Many self storage property owners give up their jobs as soon as they see a profit- but for more sustainable results we should be combining active and passive income streams.
- It’s vital that we set up our self storage businesses in high-occupancy markets.
At the start of this episode, we discussed that it’s important to have passive income generators in place- especially in the event that we’re unable to provide for our families. We then spoke about how to go about starting a self-storage business.
We also discussed:
- Why we need to be careful not to over-leverage in self-storage businesses
- The two steps we have to take to build wealth quickly
- Establishing self-storage businesses in stable markets
AJ Osborne is a founding member of Bitterroot Holdings and Keylock Storage. With over 15 years of experience purchasing and building storage facilities across multiple states, AJ is something of an expert. He shares his knowledge through two podcasts- Self Storage Income and Cashflow 2 Freedom. AJ is a fierce advocate for multiple income streams, since surviving Guillain-Barré syndrome.
To find out more about AJ, follow him on Instagram: @ajosborne
You can also listen to his podcasts on www.selfstorageincome.com
Books mentioned on this episode:
The Warren Buffett Way: Investment Strategies of the World’s Greatest Investor by Robert G Hagstrom
Ready to discover the power of a 40 person marketing & sales team…WITHOUT having to hire a single person? To learn more, hear what members are saying, and see if you’re qualified, visit REIvault.com.